You are unique. Your history, experiences, and feelings are unique to you, and you should be treated as such. Therefore, I do not simply listen to your symptoms, and match you to a medication. At your first appointment, I will spend approximately 60 minutes with you to explore your history, experiences, and your goals. It will be very important to complete your intake paperwork as thoroughly and honestly as possible to achieve quicker positive results. Follow up appointments will be 25 minutes, or 50 minutes depending on if we are incorporating therapy or not.
I like to integrate the following practices:
- Different modalities of therapy including: motivational interviewing, existential, cognitive behavioral, mindfulness based, and interpersonal therapy
- Monitoring and correcting of nutritional deficiencies
- Education on gut health and the association between the gut and the brain
- Collaboration with your primary care provider(s), and referrals to specialists when indicated
- Genetic testing to get a better idea of how certain medications could work best for you
- Microbiome testing to investigate the health of your bacteria balance in your gut
- Natural recommendations in combination with traditional psychiatric medication
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy as a form of body work to help heal the interconnectedness of the mind, body and spirit
I also encourage you to bring your closest support person(s) with you to your initial appointment, but only if you are comfortable doing so. Sometimes our opinion of ourselves can be skewed, and it is a good idea to have input from someone who is very close to you, that you trust and will be supportive throughout your healing process.